Sunday, July 20, 2014

Loom Band Dress

With a lot of the children being very interested in loom bands recently, I wondered what you all thought of this article about a loom dress?  What other fashion type items do you think kids could make?  What would you do with the money made from selling such items?  Do you think this is a good idea for kids to sell their creations?  What are the positives and negatives around this? 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fashion/10268930/This-rainbow-loom-dress-could-be-yours-for-300k

3 comments:

  1. How creative! Wonderful idea to do something like this to encourage the creative juices. Don't know if there is potential to raise that kind of money in NZ but it could get a lot of profile if this was done as a class or school fundraiser. As a parent I wouldn't mind donating loom bands. Tiana made me a headband once and the elasticity of loom bands make it perfect for a headband. You can make much thicker/wider headbands, pouches to hold cellphones or weave the thin band and wrap it around empty bottles (with a bit of glue) to make a loom vase. Or make something that you can hang on the wall or from the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome ideas, Mrs Coutts. (S-M.T)
    I would love to make some earrings for my mum (C.E.)
    I think it would be cool to make a rainbow loom case for my X-box. I wonder how many looms that would take? (D.M)
    I really like your ideas and I want to make a case for my mums phone, she definitely needs a case! (I.F.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been hard to make the loom dress, is it a fish tale dress? P.J.N

    ReplyDelete